By Michael Biamonte, C.C.N.
The information in this article may be shocking! Please approach this with article with caution if you have a weak stomach!
Right now there is an 85% chance that you, the reader, are infected with parasites. Whether you are healthy or sick does not make a difference. In recent medical studies, it has been estimated that 85% of the North American population has at least 1 or more parasites living in their bodies. Some authorities feel that the figure is has high as 95%. Experts claim that we have more parasitic infections than some third world countries and that Africa has less of a problem than we do.
Stool testing for parasites is erratic and not accurate. Because of this, many cases of parasites go undetected. IF YOU HAVE AN UNRESOLVING MEDICAL PROBLEM AND YOUR DOCTOR CAN’T FIND A REASON, IT MIGHT BE CAUSED BY A PARASITE!
DO YOU GRIND YOUR TEETH AT NIGHT?
Teeth grinding is often caused by a calcium deficiency. However parasites have been found to block the absorption of calcium which can then lead to the calcium deficiency.
DOES YOUR CHILD SUFFER FROM SEIZURES?
In our practice we have been alarmed at the number of young children suffering with seizures who have improved after doing a parasite cleanse! The improvements range from 50% to 100%.
DO YOU HAVE SEIZURES OR EPILEPSY?
According to Dr. Thomas Brooks author of “The Essentials of Medical Parasitology”, neurological disorders occur when the central nervous system is invaded by parasites. The tiny larva from the pork tapeworm can get into the brain. If they get into the right spots, seizures and epilepsy will occur.
DO YOU HAVE RECTAL ITCH THAT WORSENS AT NIGHT?
This is caused by pinworms or “seatworms”. The crawling of the worm on the perianal area produces the intense itching. When you scratch yourself the parasites eggs get on your fingers! Parasites become more active at night when they deposit their eggs, particularly during a full moon. During these times their metabolisms speed up and they release more toxic wastes. These eggs deposit their eggs on pajamas and linens.
DO YOU HAVE SHORTNESS OF BREATH?
The eggs from roundworms travel through your entire system and go through different stages before settling in the intestines. At one of there stages they settle in the lungs. If too many larvae settle in the lungs, shortness of breath and lung inflammation can result.
DO YOU HAVE LIVER, JAUNDICE OR BILE DUCT PROBLEMS?
Roundworms have been known to leave the intestines and go into the liver or bile duct causing obstructions. They can also cause more serious liver problems and disease.
DO YOU HAVE CHRONIC VAGINAL YEAST OR ITCHING THAT DOESN’T RESPOND TO TREATMENT?
Parasites can live in the vaginal area. Even the kind that you can see with the naked eye! Parasites can cause yeast and keep it there! They can cause itching and inflammation by directly attacking the mucus lining of the vaginal area. If you ever have strings of mucus from the vaginal area or in your stool, look closely as it may be a worm. Look for something that looks like a head or for intestines running the length of its body.
DO YOU FEEL AS IF SOMETHING IS BITING OR CRAWLING UNDER YOUR SKIN?
As gross as it may sound, there are parasites that can crawl under different layers of skin and in the lymphatic system. They can also literally bite at skin and mucus membranes. Some people feel this at night while lying in bed and particularly in the rectal area.
DO YOU GET UNCONTROLLABLE FOOD CRAVINGS?
Many parasites live and crave sugar. They can rob you of so much of your nourishment that your blood sugar can crash causing hypoglycemia. Some parasites love fat and grease and can cause you to crave chips, fries and fast foods!
DO YOU HAVE UNEXPLAINED BONE LOSS?
Certain parasites eat the calcium right off your bones! These parasites are microscopic and hard to locate. If you are having unexplained bone loss at an early age this could be why.
DO YOU GET UNEXPLAINED FEVERS AND DIARRHEA?
Many of us think of fever and diarrhea as being caused by viruses. However, if your symptoms began particularly after swimming in a river, lake or stream, you may have contracted a parasite called Giardia. Giardia commonly causes fever and diarrhea. It occurs from time to time in New York public water supplies.
DO YOU HAVE CHRONIC DERMATITIS COVERING LARGE AREAS OR MOST OF YOUR BODY?
Reports from my own office and from colleagues of mine show that people with severe chronic dermatitis are infected with many parasites. Dramatic and miraculous improvements have occurred by doing parasite cleansing.
HAVE YOU BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ANEMIA OR HAVE YOU BEEN CHRONICALLY TIRED FOR YEARS AND NOTHING HAS HELPED?
Some parasites called hookworms can attach themselves to the lining of the intestines and bite into our blood vessels drinking our blood. Chronic hookworm disease can cause extreme and chronic anemia. Cats are a common source of these worms. These worm eggs can easily get into your system after you contact your pet!
HAVE YOU HAD A RASH OR ITCHY SKIN AND THEN A MONTH LATER HAD FEVER, CHILLS, COUGH AND MUSCLE ACHES THAT WON’T GO AWAY?
If so, you may have Schistosomaisis. This is an illness caused by your body’s reaction to the eggs of worms. You can get it by swimming in water that has had certain types of snails living in it. These parasites absorb through the skin. The parasite is normally found in Africa, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Latin America and Southeast Asia.
DO YOU HAVE HAIR LOSS, ROUGH SKIN OR A TENDENCY TO FLUSH AROUND THE FACIAL REGION?
If so, you may have a parasitic mite known as demodex brevis or demodex folliculorum. This parasite can live in the hair follicle. It sucks out the nutrients at the root of the hair. The follicle becomes enlarged and infected causing loss of hair and inflammation. When living on the skin, it feeds on nutrients in the sebaceous glands, they become infected and inflamed and the skin may then thicken. Acne Rosacea can also be caused by this parasite.
DO YOU GET DIARRHEA, GAS, STOMACH CRAMPS, NAUSEA, VOMITING, FATIGUE, WEIGHT LOSS AND LOW GRADE FEVER FOR SEVERAL WEEKS THEN GOES AWAY AND THEN RETURNS?
If yes, you may have a parasite that has been found on raspberries called cyclosporiasis. It came into this country from Guatemala on raspberries. There were two large out breaks of it in May and June of 1996. It is very hard to diagnosis. If you feel you have this, please notify the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, Georgia.
DO YOU HAVE CHRONIC ABDOMINAL PAIN, WEAKNESS, LOSS OF WEIGHT, NAUSEA AND DIZZINESS?
If yes, you may have a tapeworm that comes from eating rare beef.
This tape worm takes up to 3 months to grow into an adult after it’s ingested. This worm can grow from 13 to 39 feet in length. It is considered the second largest tape worm.
HAVE YOU HAD CONSTIPATION AND CHRONIC ANEMIA?
There is a fish tape worm that can reach 33 feet in length! In fact, it can get so big that it can cause colon blockage which will appear to you as constipation. It can cause anemia, interfering with B12 absorption. Researchers Davies and Goldsmid in 1978 also found that roundworms can cause intestinal obstructions. This happens when many roundworms “ball up” into one big mass.
DO YOU SUFFER FROM UNEXPLAINED CONVULSIONS OR FITS?
According to Geoffrey Lapage the author of “ANIMALS PARASITIC IN MAN”, poisonous substances produced by this same beef tapeworm can cause unexplained convulsions. The worm can even damage the intestines causing ulceration’s and infections.
On a program that works and is effective, it takes at least 3 months to 1 year to eliminate the majority of parasites. The most important aspect is to break the cycle and destroy the eggs. There are many products available to kill parasites. Many people falsely believe that prescription drugs are more powerful than anti-parasitic herbs. This is not true. Many herbs are as effective and in many cases superior to the more conventional treatments.
Some practitioners have found that low hydrochloric acid levels in the stomach allow eggs from parasites to enter the system and find safety so they can grow into adults. Acid in the stomach would normally kill the parasite eggs.
THE COMPONENTS OF A CORRECT PARASITE ELIMINATION PROGRAM
- A formula must be used that can kill adult and newborn stages of parasites. This formula must be able to be absorbed into the blood and lymph system and travel to all areas of the body. The formula must be nontoxic enough for a person to be on it for 1 year if necessary. Wormwood at high doses may be too toxic for some people to take everyday for a year. However, it is very effective and can be used at intervals.
- Clove capsules should be used to destroy the egg, cyst and larva stages of the parasites. This is the only substance known to be highly effective at killing them.
- Hydrochorlic acid and digestive enzymes may be needed to help break the cycle.
- Intestinal cleansers are needed. These cleansers must be able to physically push and absorb microscopic parasites and their eggs out of the body. It must also be able to absorb the toxins from the parasites.
- The program must include a diatomacious earth and soft rock phosphate. This substance acts like ground glass. As it passes through, it cuts the sticky stringy material that the parasites make to stick themselves and their eggs to the intestinal linings. It also cuts and damages the eggs and parasites themselves. This is a big booster in getting rid of the parasites. It is safe for us to take as our cellular membranes are thicker and resistant to it.
- The infected person should abstain from eating rare or raw fish or meat and de-worm their animals or pets. In short, they have to find and remove the cause of the problem. This may be easier said than done.
Chronic parasitic infection can be eliminated. The mistake that both doctors and patients have made in the past was assuming if they didn’t go away within a few months all was lost and not working.
Actually, chronic, heavy parasite infestations can take a year to eliminate depending on the type of parasite.
This is why I can only advocate a natural approach as drugs are simply too toxic to remain for the time period necessary to get the job done.
Parasite elimination and detection is very confusing. Standard stool testing can be very inaccurate if the sample is more then 1 hour old.
The more accurate diagnosis is made by symptoms, medical history and physical signs.
TESTING FOR PARASITES USING URINE
A urine test is available which can be of considerable aid in determine parasite status. This test requires a small amount of urine and a special chemical reagent. The reagent is put into a small test tube containing around 1 inch of urine. The reagent is placed in the tube. A white clumpy material will then form if parasites are present.
Parasites release wastes that our immune system then eliminates from the body. The wastes are in the form of proteins that bind with the parasite waste. The urine test makes the proteins become solid and visible.
This test can show an increased reading if the parasites are dying. Dying parasites will give off an increased amount of waste. On the contrary, parasites which are not being very active and are “hibernating” will release small amounts of waste. So the test result will increase as these “hibernating” parasites start dying off.
This test is not of any use in determining what type of parasites are present. It can only determine that some are present.
This test can be very useful in determining whether someone is on the right track with the parasite program they are doing.
Parasite elimination requires patience and perseverance. Parasite cleansing should be done every 6 months or once a year as part of one’s normal hygiene. If this is done, heavy infestation will not occur. The best way to prevent heavy infestation is to practice prevention.
- Always wash your hands after touching animals and pets. Do not kiss pets or exchange saliva. The saliva of animal is loaded with parasite eggs.
- Make sure your indoor pets do not get feces and urine in your living areas.
- Always be careful in public rest rooms. Never use a stall or toilet which is dirty. Try not to make skin contact with any porcelain. Always use tissue paper as a barrier.
- Always eat meat, poultry and fish well cooked and never raw or rare.
- Wash vegetables and fruits as they can be a major source of parasite eggs.
- Avoid solvents such as KY-jelly or anything containing benzene. Solvents cause parasite eggs to hatch. Never allow cleaning solutions containing benzene to contact your skin.
- Avoid swimming in streams, lakes and ponds in any area that has had an out break of parasites.
- Use an electrolytes of oxygen product in all bath and drinking water when you travel out of the country. Always take anti parasitic herbs with you when traveling.
WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS!
If you find that you have a heavy parasite infestation or can’t seem to get rid of them, be prepared to stay on the program for at least a year. Make sure of the following:
- Have a health professional that can monitor your progress every few months.
- Make your regime fit the specifications I outlined earlier.
- Prepare to be on the regime for at least a year and never give up.
- Keep the points of prevention outlined above “in”.
- Try a program of colonics in conjunction with the program mentioned here. Colonics help to physically wash the parasite and parasite eggs out of the colon.
- Have your sexual partner checked and treated as necessary. It is very common to get re-infected sexually. This is especially true in women with chronic vaginal yeast infections. The man may have no symptoms of the parasite at all; however, he continually re-infects her.
- Have your animals and pets de-wormed regularly. Animals and pets are a major source of parasites.
Remember that many parasites can enter your system and then take several months before they produce actual symptoms. If if you suspect you have parasites or have been told that you do, don’t only focus on recent enviromental factors or diet. Also consider events that happened a month or two ago.